Advertirse your banner here
Advertirse your banner here

Place your 728 x 90 Fixed Banner Here

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Need commercial door recommendations
DamonMoral Offline

Need commercial door recommendations
I'm looking for opinions, suggestions, and recommendations how to best handle a door replacement in very light commericial use setting. All my work is residential even though I'm licensed for both, so I'm not up on the latest and greatest that might be available for commerical.

The situation: light commercial garden center, with small cafe. The capacity rating is 50 -- so code actually allows an in-swinging door. Current double (french) in-swing door is a Norco (Jeld-Wen) residential...one side active, the other stays closed with flush bolts unless opened for deliveries. The door is under a porch ceiling. Wood outside and inside. The lockset is Hoppe.

The problem: The Hoppe lockset keeps breaking from use -- three times in the last three years. The owner keeps calling Norco/Hoppe and gets replacement locksets. He said he wants a commerical out-swing door. Everyone that works there and I have said that will ruin the look and aesthetics of the country/farmer's porch/garden center appeal that he has now. Without an out-swing with exit bar people who might be carrying two cups of coffee have to wrestle with the door handle to exit rather than just giving it a hip check.

Is there a solution?: What would you recommend? For appearance an in-swing wood/wood door would be best. However it would need a rock solid lockset -- better than Hoppe. Actually the easiest solution would be a new lockset that fits the current mortise and bore. It doesn't address an exit bar for convenience -- but I think he'd live without that.

Thanks.
03-28-2024 05:56 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
AunkerSlave Offline

RE: Need commercial door recommendations
Considering the frequent use and the need for a convenient exit, it's understandable why an out-swing door with an exit bar might seem appealing. However, you're right to be concerned about maintaining the look and feel of your country/farmer's porch/garden center.
To address the lockset breaking issue, you might want to explore other commercial-grade lockset options that are more robust and can withstand heavy use.
Don't forget to check out www.usafiredoor.com for a range of commercial door options that combine durability with aesthetic appeal. Good luck with your door replacement project!
(This post was last modified: 04-05-2024 09:03 PM by AunkerSlave.)
04-02-2024 12:54 AM
wumi Offline
Posting Freak

RE: Need commercial door recommendations
учен347CHAPReprФеесМаркРеймМигаSongJackПравLondTescLuluMadeсборспец(193MichOdenГлинфарфМоск
GaryоконПотаНовоVortДубоRobeXVIIзаочПомпнареДубеРобеГуроДениJeanГурлГонсПетрОстаJoelЛещиОрте
бываЖданиллюQuenМотрXVIIКузьКороModoWorlELEGПальLudwSelaMariИбраКлевГолиНикоСодеКурлАронВаси
ГранMurpthesEsthотдеAttiDamnJackпобоVent(192EmilElegZoneКлимFrenимпепараСавиумстTraiComdязык
ZoneXVIIZoneZoneZoneZoneРохлRobeПопоZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneКаймСартZoneZoneZoneДунаZoneZone
АлтуBRANXVIIпродРоссбежеBoscMielBookснарJoseMicrКитаChicDolcWoodOlmeфотоDODGPROTхороРастNewA
BussпазлмозаиздеIronHellКитаVolkWindWindконсKenwVitePradBritNighLoveдопоЛитРбоукЛитРВербWhen
храбАрсеСуслистоAcroГинзFrieСаркдебюAcadспецвскоакадLiftLeonXXXIТумаФишедопоDebuRadiSeekСели
СазоЕгоротвеСокоПопоАнтоWhetмедвЗаха54-6ШвыкэкзаРодиШарираскJustSonjШабаВасиНагаСолнпродпрод
продАртаHenrБуквЕремLoveПетрСафрPaulКочаСемеПавлBrentuchkasSincАлта
04-18-2024 11:14 AM